What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access a websites. Cookies recognise your device and help your to navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions).
Cookies are essential to using the website, as they gather information on the type of platform you are using to view our website e.g. Windows, IPhone or PS3. We use this information to make our website better for our customers for their particular platform, in order to help us to try and give you best experience no matter which platform you use.
Cookies and how they Benefit You:
Cookies help us to provide you with a a more enjoyable experience when you browse the www.ulalajewels.com and allow you to make full use of the online shopping and personalised features. By using our website or by registering to receive a newsletter, you are confirming to us that you understand and accept that your personal information may be used by us in the manner described below.
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you would expect.
• Improve user experience.
• Save you having to login every time you visit the site.
• Remember your settings during and between visits.
• Improve the speed/security of the site.
• Make sure any advertising shown is relevant to you.
• Remember the choices you make such as language or country settings.
• Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
• Continuously improve our website for you.
• Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
• Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
• Fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties (for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website).
• Making our shopping basket and checkout work.
• Determining if you are logged in or not.
• Remembering your search settings.
• Showing you which pages you have recently visited.
• Social Website Cookies.
• So you can easily like or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. (Please note that the privacy implications regarding such social networks on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks).
Site Improvement Cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither advertisers, our advertising partners or us can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you did not as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you will not see adverts, just simply that they will not be tailored to you any longer.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves, pay for these adverts.
The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so-called remarketing cookie during your visit. We use these advertisements to offer special offers etcetera to encourage you to come back to our site. Do not worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymous. You can opt out of these cookies at anytime as explained above.
We have a number of partners who promote our service on a success-only basis (i.e. instead of paying for advertising, we pay them commissions on sales). Cookies are required to allow us to reward these partners and these cookies are usually provided by specialist companies (known as affiliate networks). Neither us, the networks, or the partner advertising or recommending our services are able to identify you personally. We ask you to support us by allowing these cookies, which ultimately help us to offer you the service we do at the price we do.
Our affiliate cookies are provided by Affiliate window.
Turning Cookies Off
You can choose not to allow cookies in your browser settings. How you do this will depend upon the browser you are using. More information on cookies, their use and how to accept or reject them can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As our cookies are largely aimed at improving the user experience on the website, you may find that if you block certain cookies you may experience deterioration in the service you receive.